We have the pleasure of introducing the newest member of our Radio Trailblazers’ steering committee, Linda McErlain!
This media gal is a mother of 2 grown boys, a loyal and loving friend, change agent, mentor/coach, aspiring writer, fitness fan, golf flunky, cook, dog-loving optimist.
A few professional firsts …
- 1st place in Long Documentary category for CBS Telefest Awards, 1985 – Producer
- Job out of Radio Television Arts @ Ryerson as Gary Miles’ EA at the Radio Marketing Bureau.
- female radio sales rep at CHFI, 1989
- person to complete the Rogers Sales Manager’s Understudy Program, 2000
- sales manager of The Fan590 for Rogers, 2002
- sales manager to get 680News to the #billing radio station in the country, 2011
- first female VP Sales for Rogers Radio, 2016
Linda launched her career at the Radio Marketing Bureau in 1985, first as Executive Assistant to the President and then Retail Product Manager. Her first commissioned sales job was with Armadale Communications in Hamilton selling CKOC/CKLH. Toronto came calling a little over a year later with a new sales role at Rogers for CHFI. 12 years and 2 kids later, she was promoted to General Sales Manager of the newly acquired (by Rogers) Fan 590. After 3 years, she was promoted to GSM of 680News where the team scaled to number 1 in revenue.
In 2013 Rogers restructure Media Sales and Linda was appointed, VP Agency Lead under the new Rogers One Call banner. More change came under a new CEO in 2014. Her next role was as VP Media Sales, Ontario until returning to Radio full time as VP Radio Sales in early 2016.
Mark your calendars, folks!
What Do Radio Audiences Really Want?
A panel discussion with audience research experts Debra McLaughlin and Jeff Vidler
Tues. Nov. 15th
Allan Slaight Radio Institute, Ryerson University
80 Gould Street
6:00pm: discussion and Q&A
This is a free event. All are welcome.
On Thursday, May 5th and Friday May 6th, the Radio Trailblazers hosted a Speed Mentoring event at Canadian Music Week. Delegates and aspiring media professionals were able to sit down with industry veterans for quick bursts of mentorship.
Radio Trailblazers would like to thank everyone who came out to the Speed Mentoring event. Everybody had a fantastic time, and there was a great turn out.